Thursday, June 16, 2011

Oh, it isn't just me?

My friend Becky told me when I began this homeschooling journey that "God's grace is sufficient." Boy is she right!  Although I feel like a hamster on a wheel trying to do the best thing and provide the best education, I constantly feel as if I am sub-par. My kids will be the lowest on the educational scale and I will be a huge failure. They will need years of therapy to undo the emotional and educational damage. The neighbors will whisper how I failed them, the family will cluck their tongues in disappointment.  Oh the agony of it all!

However, despite my angst, God is creating something beautiful and wonderful in my children. No, not perfect, but miraculous works-in-progress. I am so thrilled and so humbled that they learn in spite of my spastic nature. Thank you Lord for letting me have this opportunity to grow and to watch my children blossom close up.

I know that I am not alone in the journey and would love to hear your words of wisdom. Thank God for community. Thank God for our freedoms. Thank God for our children.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you are doing this Reb! I am sure I will glean all kinds of ideas from you.

    ReplyDelete