Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Inspirational thoughts

Thoughts, commentary and truths I have heard from those wiser than myself.

Our family mission statement:
Inspire a love of learning in order to use our knowledge to glorify God, share His love and do His will.


Learn not to be brilliant but to know God and his creation.

Learn not to be superior, but to be able to serve others better.

As a Christian we should learn all we can about all things, because all TRUTH is God's truth.

"Teach us about you Lord within each subject. Reveal your truth and character. Help us to joyfully and boldly tell others of your glory."

From the Robots Movie-  "See a need, Fill a need."

It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, but the glory of Kings to search out the matter.

My kid is royalty.... he/she is God's child more than mine.

God is my pilot, God's Words are my instruments.

Find God's glory in every day happenings. You see a leaf fall, a gorgeous butterfly, a sparkle of sun on the water... how do you know that God did not do that JUST for you?? I can see Him elbowing an angel in heaven, saying, "Watch this, it will blow her mind!"

If we are not good at something, we simply haven't spent enough time with it.

Kids are mosaics of us, the parent. Faith cannot be inherited. My children must find Christ for themselves. It is my job to help them on that path. I need to make it my goal that my child is able to be rhetoric about Christianity before they leave my home.

I don't need to protect and cloister my child, I need to equip them with tools to handle all that life may throw at them.

If there is a lack of understanding then one must again review the grammar, the understanding will follow.

Before one can intentionally break the rules, one has to know the rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment